Summer is here and you know what that means. More sweating and skin problems. Weather affects our body significantly, especially in summer that is why It is better to get ready for what’s coming. I have listed down some frequent skin problems with preventions so you could prepare yourself for the upcoming summer.
When the weather is extremely hot, we sweat a lot that clogs our pores with sweat, bacteria, and oil.
- Use a clean towel to remove any sweat from your face.
- Make sure to wash all your sweaty clothing before reusing.
- Use scent free and oil-free products.
- Wash your hands frequently.
When we sweat, our body gets dehydrated which makes our skin even drier. Water content decreases in our body and leaves our skin flaky and patchy.
- Make sure to stay hydrating by drinking lots of water.
- Eat fruits and veggies that are high in water content like watermelon and cucumber.
Staying outside in the sun for a longer period can cause sun damage to your skin. Mostly happens with people with sensitive skin.
- Avoid going to the sun when the temperature is very high.
- Wear a good amount of sunscreen and reapply when needed.
- Make sure to cool affected areas.
Dirt, dust, and sweat block our sweat glands. Blocked sweat glands can create a build-up under our skin that can cause rashes on our skin.
- Avoid humid conditions.
- Wear light breathable clothing
- Bath daily with antibacterial soap.
- Avoid activities that cause you to sweat more than normal.